Home of America's first Mixed Martial Art Training Method for the Entire Family
Black Belt VIII
The major requirement for being admitted to higher A.S.P. ranks is active participation in A.S.P.A. affairs. Other requirements are:
1. Good moral character
2. Active participation in A.S.P. training and seminars
3. Active promotion of A.S.P., locally, nationally, or internationally
4. Competitive record of ANY type, either non-contact (Comsek), contact (free sparring, stick-footfighting), or give and take (kickboxing and grappling). This requirement applies to men under 60 and women under 55.
5. Teaching, or helping to teach A.S.P. and qualifying as an A.S.P. accredited instructor.
6. Successful examination on each particular program and selected techniques of all previous ones
7. Increased proficiency in free sparring against multiple opponents
8. Red Cross First Aid and CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) certificates (desirable for up to BB VII A.S.P., required for higher ranks).
BLACK BELT VIII. A.S.P. THIS RANK IS AWARDED TO A CANDIDATE WHO HAS FULFILLED ALL ABOVE REQUIREMENTS, AS WELL AS THE FOLLOWING:
1. Be active in promoting A.S.P., via teaching, demonstrations, and service to the A.S.P. Association, Inc. (A.S.P.A.)
2. Has demonstrated superior mastery of all preceding programs
3. Has graduated from an A.S.P.A. accredited First Aid and CPR course (e.g., Red Cross)
4. Has graduated from an A.S.P.A. accredited course in Lifesaving and Water Safety (e.g., Red Cross).